Saturday, November 22, 2008

My how quickly things can change...












Thursday was a big day....Marleigh's class had their Thanksgiving feast. Can't you just see all of those little bitties all sitting at the table giving thanks eating their turkey and dressing? I wish I had been able to be there. We made sure we dressed for the occassion! It's so funny, she KNOWS when she is all slicked up and acts accordingly....


dare we say more like a little girly girl?



Thursday was also Mason's Thanksgiving feast at school. Since his school is the lab school for the University. They had their "Feast" at the cafeteria on campus. Have I said how much I LOVE that he is on campus? The kids were so cute! I just love seeing him with his little friends. He loves his teacher Mrs. Roberson. Karen (Roberson) and I were friends in college and she also knew Matt in High School. She often tells me that she sees "a lot of Mason's Daddy in Mason"...go figure! Does she know Matt or what? She gets a kick out of him. This is Mason and Mrs. Roberson.


So at noon on Thursday, I'm thinking "Wow, what a great day this is!" I was also looking forward to Friday. Since the local High School made the playoffs (we take our football serious in the South) Mason's school had the day off. So Mason and I were planning to go see the baby fox (that's not so much a baby anymore) he found back in the Spring in our back yard. The Zoo had adopted him as part of their educational division and they told us that we could come see him anytime. Mason couldn't wait to go see him! This is a pic of him the day Mason found him.

And then I got the phone call! Ms. Misty, Marleigh's "teacher" called and said that she had fever. By the time I got her to the doctor's office, it was 104. We gave her a tepid bath and did blood tests, flu tests, RSV test and a chest xray. We found out that she has Pnuemonia. We got a shot that afternoon and the following morning. Today, Saturday, she is doing much better. We are continuing antibiotics and breathing treatments but we feel that we really dodged a bullet. She's a tough little girl! Her big brother has been doing a great job entertaining her...after all...he has his own private audience!
Needless to say, the Zoo trip has been postponed...we hope to go next week! We'll post pics of "our" baby fox!



No comments: