Saturday, November 15, 2008

Life Is A Precious Gift...

Never before have I been so aware of being thankful for every day gifted to us by God. Cancer, that awful, painful, senseless monster has been waging war against families that i know.

A young mother of two precious little girls (8 and 3) lost her battle just weeks ago. I see her daughters, who carry her smile, almost like a badge of honor, and my heart breaks. The woman's mother, with the same smile, has become "mother" again. Her grief, it seems is hidden away for private times away from the girls. She appears to be the pillar of strength. I only hope that pillar has a brace of her own.

Yet another pillar, a classmate from High School, lost the love of her life. He too, is a classmate from High School. They only just began their lives together a short time ago. Her three children share her loss. This pillar lost her brace.

Both of these families are in my daily prayers and will remain in my prayers for many, many nights to come.

Below is a picture of my co-workers and I sporting the shirt sold to raise money for medical expenses for the young mother.

No comments: