Friday, February 20, 2009

Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler!!

The Mardi Gras holiday is upon us! Even us Northerners in the state get into the Mardi Gras spirit. Okay...so it isn't quite the fiesta of the south but....I GET 2 DAYS OFF NEXT WEEK! The kids, however, do not. What? Oh what shall I do with my time you ask.....I'm painting...doesn't that sound like a blast?
We've been in our house a little over a year and we still haven't gotten a lot of the work done that we've wanted to. Last Monday, Presidents' Day, Matt and I got busy putting up some moulding in Marleigh's room. We have it almost finished and hope to finish this weekend...her a couple of pics of our baby's big girl room. No more crib for this big girl!
Waaaa....(yes, I cried) Here's a pic of some of the work....hopefully it will be finished this weekend.
Isn't she a big girl? She LOVES her new bed! And she hasn't offered to climb down. When I put her down at night she doesn't climb down. Who knows how long this will last but I sure am thankful for right now!











We had a great weekend last weekend at MeMe and PawPaw's! We miss them so much and wish they lived closer. You can see in the next pic that Mason was already getting upset that we were leaving!




Miss Marleigh also got a new tutu. I had a ball making it for her and want to do a few more! She thought it was pretty cool too! She is my girlie girl for sure. All this week....every morning as we are getting ready to walk out the door she starts asking for her purse. She is the cutest thing...saying "Uh puss?" With her palms up and cocking her head to the side! Too cute! What am I gonna do with this girlie-girl?


3 comments:

Halls said...

such a cutie pie!!!!! haveva great week!

momx3 said...

LOVIN' your new background....hee hee!!

Aaron said...

1 question and 1 comment

Q: Are those old planks you've covered one wall with? Explain what you guys have done... it looks cool.

C: The green font for your blog posts is too difficult to read over the pink background. IMHO. :)